Have you ever been planning for starting a new digital project but have never got around to taking the leap?
We all have been on that stage!
Many of us might have purchased a lot of domains while planning a new project but have never ended up getting success in those by using them.
But, you are not required to feel bad. It has not got too late!
Given below is what is important for you for starting a new digital project:
Start with the name
This step has the requirement of some serious considerations. You are required to remember that your brand name is something with which you are going to be stuck with for years. Rebranding is basically a nightmare. So, you are required to ensure that you have to do this right for the first time. Given below are things which you have to take into consideration:
How easy is it going for you to be to misspell it? Running this generator might serve you with some ideas. You might also share your name with your friends and can get their input on how easy it might be to type your brand name into the address bar of your browser.
Are there going to be any kind of negative associations that might impact your branding?
Is there any strong brand with a similar name? You can search on Google and can see that if there is someone who is already renowned by that name. They are not required to be in the niche which is similar to yours for making your reputation management a nightmare or causing ongoing brand confusion.
Set up a website
It might seem a challenging step for you if you have lack tech skills (just like most of us do). But the reality is that it has become much easier! In fact, setting up a WordPress-based website is just a matter of several clicks and of following some clear steps.
From there, all you require to do is to do the selection of a theme. Unlike your brand name, a theme is extremely easy for changing. So, you are not required to make yourself stressed with this step too much.
Development of Content Plan
You can do the development of content in numerous sections of your website. A news section, description of product or service, about us page, frequently asked questions, a blog, testimonials or reviews, etc. All these sections are deserving of your attention!
- Starting with your audience
A useful way for doing this is to describe your perfect customer. In reading what they are interested in? For what they are worried about? What are they dreaming to achieve? What are their objections to purchasing from you? If you will think about your perfect customer, this will in turn make your content engaging, interesting, and persuasive.
- Take decision of what content your potential customer is interested in
Of which questions you can give answers? How can you do the creation of testimonials? How can you show off the advantages of your products and how can you overcome objections? What language do you speak?
- Your content should not be all about your products or services
You are required to show that you are an expert in your industry. You are required to comment on the news of your industry. You must not forget that your content might be visuals, text, audio, or video. Above all, you are required to be useful. You are required to assist your potential customer with solutions to their problems.
- An editorial calendar will assist you in the creation of content on a regular basis
It is absolutely fine to do the creation of something just once a week or every other week. The quantity of your content is not more important than the quality of your content.
- Don’t forget that you are required to spend your time in the promotion of your content
Are you aware that on which social media channels your potential audience is more active? You are required to just get started with two or three channels?
You are required to build up a following in a natural way. If something doesn’t work for you, then you must not wait to move to another channel. Or you should change the way you get engaged. You are required to ask different questions or you have to share your different stories. But, don’t forget to be authentic.
This is all that content marketing is about. You are required to facilitate your audience with quality content that is useful for them. It must be engaging for your audience and it should be that it builds trust and authority for your company.
- Define Your Conversion Funnels
You must not launch your project until you set up your own conversion funnels! Otherwise, all the traffic that you will generate from your launch activities will get lost forever. Firstly, you are required to define your main conversion. For instance:
- Buy your book
- Set up for your demo
- Schedule a phone consultation
- Email your to request about your services
- Get enrolled with your course, etc.
After that you are needed to identify and set up all the different paths towards the goal:
- Add your CTAs: “Buy now”, “Contact now”, etc. there is a huge list of how can you word your call-to-action for triggering an action.
- Add lead generation forms: Those people who might be interested in hearing from you will be sharing their contact details. By making use of conversational forms can a smart idea for you as they feel more human and encourage more action.
- Inclusion of “Recommended” Button: for encouraging the visitors of your website for recommending your service or product to a friend.
- Creation and installation of Facebook pixel: to be able for reaching out to the visitors of your website through Facebook ads. It is also for the generation of some more conversions from people who are already aware of your brand but got failed in taking an action.
- Inclusion of social proof: for showing how your customers are enjoying by making use of your products.
When you are going to start a new project, it might be scary for you along with being overwhelming. But it will also in turn make you feel inspired all over again.